The Black and Decker rice cooker is perfect for those who want to enjoy perfectly cooked rice without any hassle.
In this guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know, from choosing the right quantity of water and rice to use to cook it perfectly. By the end of this post, you’ll be able to use your Black and Decker rice cooker perfectly.
How do you use a Black and Decker Rice Cooker to Cook Rice?
To get the most out of using a Black and Decker electric stovetop, use the following steps to ensure you get the best results.
Water to rice ratio = 2:1
1 cup of uncooked rice to 2½ cups of water should give you approximately 2¼ cups of cooked rice. This is based on the measuring cup that comes with the black and decker rice cooker. So, ensure you stick to using it rather than your standard measuring.
To get started:
- First, rinse your rice in a strainer to remove any dirt or impurities.
- Next, add the rice to the cooker pot. The ratio of rice to water should be 1:2, so add enough water to cover the rice.
- Put the pot into the rice cooker and close the lid.
- Press the cook button and set the timer to the right length of time, and the rice will start cooking.
- Once the cooking time is complete, check if the rice is ready. Depending on how much rice you’re cooking, it may take between 20 and 40 minutes.
- When the rice is done, the cooker will automatically switch to the warm setting.
- Let the rice sit for a few minutes before fluffing it with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
Additional Tips To Help You Get The Best Out Of Your Rice Cooker
- You should definitely use the serving spoon provided to avoid scratching and damaging the nonstick surface.
- While cooking, You might need to open the lid slightly to let out any excess steam in case you’re cooking rice with excess starch.
- If water bubbles appear when you’re stirring your rice, stop stirring. Add some extra olive or vegetable oils or butter to reduce the bubbles.
- Don’t open the lid until necessary during the cooking process. Opening the lid allows the steam to escape, which lengthens the baking time.
- To prevent sticking, add some liquid (water, vegetable, or olive) when boiling, and mix well before serving.
What Else Can You Use The Black and Decker Rice Cooker For?
The rice cooker comes with a steamer basket that allows you to quickly and easily steam your meat or vegetables.
Here is how to use the black and decker rice cooker for steaming
Adding the right amount of water is important for getting your food to turn out just the way you want it.
- For steaming veggies, 1 inch of water is usually enough. But if you’re cooking chicken or other meats, you’ll need to add two full inches of water.
- Then, place the steamer basket with your food inside the inner basket, and you’re good to go!
- Your cooker will automatically switch to “keep warm” once the water in the cooker has steamed away.
To use your rice cooker as a slow cooker, simply adjust the settings between ‘warm’ and ‘high heat’ as needed. This will help ensure that your food stays at the ideal cooking temperature without drying it out.
This method is ideal for cooking casseroles, stews, and oatmeal, depending on your preferred recipe.
How To Clean Your Rice Cooker
To clean a Black Decker® brand,
- First, remove the inner pot from its base and wash both inside and out with warm soapy water. If necessary, use an oven mitt to protect your hands when handling hot surfaces.
- Then rinse well under running water and dry thoroughly with a towel.
Is The Black and Decker rice cooker Worth It?
Here, I cover the features and benefits of the Black and Decker Smart Kitchen Appliance.
These cookers come in six different sizes, ranging from a 3-cup capacity of cooked rice to a 14-cup capacity.
- One cup of uncooked rice equals one to three cups of cooked rice. Depending on the type of rice.
- 1 cup of uncooked white basmati (or long grain) = 2 cups
- A 14-cup pot equals 7 cups of cooked white/brown/wild rice + Saute Function
- A 16-cup serving of rice is equal to eight cups of cooked rice.
- A 28-cup pot equals 14 cups of cooked rice.
Black and Decker Rice Cooker Features
With its clean white exterior, black interior, and cool features, including the cooking feature panel and side handles, the rice cooker has an elegant appearance.
2. Cook Function
A standard electrical socket is required for all Black and Decker rice cookers. Once you’ve turned the control switch, you will see all cooking feature indicators displayed.
3. Automatic Keep-warm Function
After cooking your rice in this rice cooker, the cooking cycle automatically switches back to keeping the rice warm.
Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturers when using their specific rice cookers. They vary in size, so use them accordingly.
- You need a ratio of 1 cup to uncooked rice to get 3 cups of cooked rice when using smaller models. It takes approximately 10 minutes to cook.
- The largest Black and Decker electric pressure cookers will cook up to 28 cups of dry white or brown basmati (or jasmine) or long grain brown rice and produce as much as 14 cups of cooked rice
5. Nonstick Bowl
There is a water level marking feature on the inside of its bowl. This insertable bowl is made from non-stick material and has an easy-to-clean inner surface. It can be washed in a dishwasher.
6. Indicator Lights
Colored lights will help you know when the rice is cooking, ready for serving, or keeping warm.
7. Steam Vent
The lid has a built-out vent to release excess heat buildup from cooking.
8. Built-In Lid Holder
One of the best features is the built-in latch that securely holds the tempered safety window.
9. Recipe Book
The cooker has some delicious recipe manuals to help you start making really good meals with it
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some quick answers to common questions about rice cookers.
How much Water and Rice Do you need to put in a Black and Decker rice cooker
A general rule of thumb is to use 1 cup of rice for every 2 cups of water. This will give you a ratio of 1:2, which is the perfect ratio for most types of rice. If you are using a very large rice cooker or cooking a very sticky type of rice, you may need to use a little less water.
Also, ensure you use the measuring cup that came with your slow cookers. It measures differently than the standard one-cup measure.
How long does it usually take for rice to be cooked in a Black and Decker rice cooker?
It takes 20 to 40 minutes to cook, but it depends on the size and quantity of the rice.
How Do I Make Brown Rice In A Black And Decker Rice Cooker?
The same way you would make regular white rice. Just follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I Use My Black and Decker Rice Cookers With Other Cooking Methods?
Yes, these rice cookers are compatible with all types of cooking methods, including sautéing, broiling, and steaming. They can be used as an alternative to traditional pans and pots.
Black and Decker Rice Cooker Manual
If you would like a copy of the full set of rice cooker directions, including helpful hints sections, Here is the Black and Decker Rice user guide and manufacturer’s instruction sheet.
These high-quality, easy-to-clean, and user-friendly rice cookers are yet another fantastic product from the world-renowned Black & Decker company.
They are perfect cookers for busy families or anyone who loves to cook, as they make meal preparation a breeze. Simply add your ingredients to the cooker, set the timer, and let it do its job. You’ll have a hot, healthy meal that will please everyone in no time.